Open Positions Detail View
Complete the form below to apply to this position
|Position Name||AV Programmer|
Eduacation: Bachelors degree in Electronics, Computer Science and/or equivalent.
Work experience may substitute for educational requirements.
7 years or more of relevant installation, integration, and software modeling and/or gaming
Major Audio/Video OEM Training/Certifications a plus.
Programming capability for various software languages a plus.
Clearance: Secret – Mandatory with ability to upgrade to TS, SCI
Plan, engineer, install, program, operate, maintain, and protect all information technology and information management (IT/IM) systems to enable operationsA/V projects of various types and scopes incorporating multiple communication platforms and user requirements to include: data walls, also known as knowledge walls, VTC equipment, audio equipment, controllers, touch panels, encryption devices, individual server/client workstations, console furniture, including minor construction requirements, etc. Must be a self starter and maintain the ability to learn COTS configurations from both a HW and SW / FW perspective. Knowledge and demonstrated professional ability to code in higher level language(s) is certainly a plus; skills like C or C++ would prove to be an asset. Knowledge procedures; knowledge of system configurations required to meet various customer platform levels.
Provide detailed and pro-active Design Engineering for audio, video, video conferencing, digital media, IT infrastructure, and control systems on assigned projects. For each design provide deliverables including, but not limited to sound pressure level estimates, grounding details, cable requirements, equipment room layouts, power requirements, heat load data, single line flow diagrams, rack elevations, patch bay elevations (as needed), custom panel details, speaker mounting details, projector mounting details and geometry (as needed), and any other project specific deliverables as required. All documents will follow the company standards and practices outlined for assigned projects. Work with Project Manager to create system narratives used to define and detail a/v/c systems and their objectives. Perform drafting activities, working with the Lead Drafter to ensure that AutoCAD drawings are completed in compliance with company CAD standards. Must be proficient at meeting and communicating with clients, performing research, evaluations, and seeking recommendations. Provide a/v design support as assigned to help ensure successful design, integration, training, and closeout of projects. Determine technical requirements, draft technical overviews and specifications, research products, and deliver a fully functioning system per client requirements for all assigned projects.
Experience with firewalls, network detection and intrusion, DoD security requirements. Provide assistance for site surveys, input to System Design Document, input to Engineering Installation Document (EID).
Assist/aid engineering and integration groups with research, development and review of drawings, cable running lists, Bill of Material, System Design Documentation and Engineering Installation Documents. Provide support to TeST engineers in the field with regard to installation, test and commissioning. Participate in installations, if required, operate A/V systems for clients and train both DasNet and client personnel in the proper operation and maintenance of said systems. Review documentation, red line as necessary to assist in the production of as-built drawings.
Prepare PowerPoint briefings for potential and/or current clients for presentation by DasNet or to assist clients in presentations to their upper level management.
Additionally, serve as an installation and integration Quality Assurance Evaluator (QAE) when needed at new or existing communication facilities. QAE installations, integration, turn-up and testing of telecommunications systems at facilities and when needed assist with the install, terminate and integrate telecommunications cabling infrastructure for inside plant (ISP) and outside plant (OSP) facilities. Assist with the install communication cabinets/racks to floor and raised floors. QAE services that terminate and connect power, ground and signal cabling to communication cabinets/equipment as indicated from Engineering Installation plans (EIP). QAE services that install cable ladders, ducts, terminal blocks and perform work on Main Distribution Frames (MDF) and Intermediate Distribution Frames (IDF). Keep abreast of new developments and possess the ability to forecast requirements needed based on hardware and software technology advancements. Review client generated SOWs and comment if requested. Participate in Proposal Development for A/V systems, generate written technical proposals and provide editorial comment during red or pink team reviews. Prepare Bills-of-Material, coordinate quotes, and select vendors.
· Experience with Video/Audio production equipment to include: CODEC’s, cameras, monitors, mixers, and various
types of recording equipment.
· Working knowledge of network equipment to include: routers, switches, and video/audio patch/routing equipment.
· Experience integrating permanent audio visual and video conferencing systems, particularly within military or
· Experience working within an engineering group, a project management group, and/or a service team.
· Develops software applications for Data Wall, Matrix, and Touch Panel Controllers to integrate into engineered
· Performs surveys at communications facilities such as command & control facilities, conferencing facilities,
transmission and broadcast facilities, control and monitor facilities and Tactical Operations Centers (TOC).
· Gives direction to level 1 and 2 Technical Engineers and AV Engineers and provides feedback on installation
progress. Consults with engineers and ensures correct installation of equipment and optimum utilization of
· Maintains documentation on all physical equipment and software based upon compliance checklists.
· Performs and supervises quality control inspections.
· Evaluates equipment performance using test equipment and diagnostic printouts.
· Perform self-verification and loop tests.
· Disseminates network orders, compiles operational statistics and reports, and processes requests for logistic
· Assist customers in day-to-day network operations and troubleshooting.
1. Expertise within AV display technologies (HDTVs, Projectors, LED Wall)
a. Knowledge of hardware video source & distribution equip and troubleshooting techniques.
b. PowerPoint (& related) presentation setup and support proficiencies.
c. Audio and Video Conferencing support (setup & troubleshooting); AMX/Crestron hardware and software support;
Extron hardware and software support;
d. Strong soft skills, specifically interacting with Government employees, Military members, Executives,
Executive Admins and VIPs.
e. Desktop Support Skills (Mac and PC) Additional Skills: SCALA Software Configuration and Support, Spyder
Hardware and Software solutions, FLASH Programming.
f. Knowledge of Tandberg Video Conferencing hardware & software;
2. Knowledge in AutoCad drawings is desired.
3. Basic computer skills, other than software platforms, with preferred knowledge in MS PowerPoint and AutoCad
4. The ability to research technical requirements and review against engineering specifications for project installations.
5. The ability to assist in the research of Site Survey Reports (SSR), System Design Documents (SDD), and
Engineering Installation Plans (EIP), along with developing installation Bill of Materials (BOM), gathering and
assisting with the development of installation instructions.
6. Experience in network design incorporating military/international standards for telecommunications engineering
requirements is a plus.
7. Experience designing and modifying interconnect drawings, site plans, and mechanical parts typical of custom
hardware installations using AutoCAD.
|Education Details||Bachelors degree in Electronics, Computer Science and/or equivalent.|
Must have ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Must be able to obtain passport
Must be able to travel - Domestic and International