SeaPort-e is the Navy's electronic platform for acquiring support services in 22 functional areas including Engineering, Financial Management, and Program Management throughout the U.S. Navy Systems Commands (NAVSEA, NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NAVFAC, and NAVSUP, the Office of Naval Research, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), and the United States Marine Corp. DasNet holds a Prime Contract and can deliver services in all of the continental geographic zones defined within the vehicle.
DasNet’s Areas of Expertise
DasNet will provide Federal Government Agencies with technical support service solutions for evolving customer needs. The type of work that can be covered under this contract work-scope includes:
- Research and Development Support
- Engineering, System Engineering and Process Engineering Support
- Modeling, Simulation, Stimulation, and Analysis Support
- Prototyping, Pre-Production, Model-Making, and Fabrication Support
- System Design Documentation and Technical Data Support
- Software Engineering, Development, Programming, and Network Support
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A) Support
- Human Factors, Performance, and Usability Engineering Support
- System Safety Engineering Support
- Configuration Management (CM) Support
- Quality Assurance (QA) Support
- Information System (IS), Information Assurance (IA) & Information Technology (IT)
- Logistics Support/Supply and Provisioning Support/Training Support
DasNet’s Quality Control Program
Effective program management and control requires continuous quality management. DasNet has a well-established Quality Management System, driven by our corporate Quality Assurance Program, which is based on ISO 9001 standards. Our Quality Management System ensures the integrity of the product and services we deliver to our clients meet or exceed the requirements outlined in the specific Statement of Work or Performance Work Statement. DasNet develops and implements a Quality Control Plan IAW those standards to help ensure that all products, processes, and services meet the requirements outlined in the requirements documentation for the specific. Our Quality Control Plan is an iterative process and is continuously refined at critical points in the project.
DasNet’s Quality Control Plan outlines the objectives and responsibilities of the DasNet Program Manager, Quality Manager, and the Integrated Product Team Leaders, as well as, the basic approaches and methodologies used to achieve the quality objectives. DasNet’s Program Manager is responsible for ensuring the quality of all delivered products and services. This individual delegates the responsibility to execute the Quality Control Plan to the Integrated Product Team Leaders as identified in our organizational chart. The Integrated Product Team Leaders act as the primary interfaces with the clients’ quality assurance evaluators. Quality is not just the Integrated Product Team Leaders’ responsibility, but also the responsibility of all team members. The DasNet Quality Control Plan is integral to the day-to-day operations of our program efforts.